Get Free Estimate
"*" indicates required fields
Moved to Germany and you need a place to store your belongings before or after your arrival? Don’t know what to do with your boxes in the meantime? You can always rent storage units. Bit, how to find one in Germany? Luckily, international relocation companies can help you find and choose the right warehouse based on your requirements. Wonder how to know what is the best type of warehouse to store your items for a longer period of time? Read this article and find out what are the benefits of the long-term storage rental.
Why do you need storage in the first place and when to use it?
The first question you should ask yourself when moving from USA to Germany is: why do you actually need storage, and what kind of storage space do you need? If you are having second thoughts, write down the reasons stating pros and cons. Then, you’ll see what are the benefits of the long-term storage rental. Here are our reasons:
- First and most important, to relieve the stress
- To provide more space at home: If you are moving to a smaller house, and you don’t want to declutter because you may move to a bigger house later, it would be a good idea to use a long-term storage unit.
- House/apartment renovation: You’ve moved but you need time to renovate and you don’t know what to do with your belongings? Use storage services.
- Use storage units for your vehicles: Moving abroad requires some time to get an international driver’s license. So if you don’t have a garage, or the weather is bad, consider storing your cars in a warehouse until you get the driver’s license.
- Moved your business: It may take some time to find appropriate office space and re-establish your business. So, use a commercial storage unit.
When moving to Germany, it’s essential to contact your moving company to find out if storage is included in their international moving services. If not, ask them to help you find the right storage.
Types of storage units you can use
Another step to finding the right storage is to get familiar with the types of storage units. There are several types:
- Self-storage: You rent this type of storage by yourself. It is usually used short-term, but if you want, you can use it longer. Keep in mind that, by using it, you are responsible for delivering your belongings.
- Full-service storage: As its name suggests, this type of storage has all services included, from full protection, loading/unloading services, to 24/7 surveillance and climate control.
- Indoor and outdoor storage
All these types can be used both long and short term. It’s up to you to choose based on your needs.
What are the main benefits of using long-term storage rental?
Besides the fact that you may not have enough time to search for a storage place after moving boxes overseas, long-term self-storage is very expensive. So, the first thing you should do is to find a full-service warehouse and use the benefits of a long-term storage rental. The benefits are many. First of all, it helps you declutter and downsize your home. Then, your belongings are very well organized. Long-term storage can buy you more time to think about decluttering. What’s most important, it’s financially beneficial than short-term storage. You can get discounts if you need to store your possessions long-term. All in all, it is cost-effective
More benefits of long-term storage rental
Among the benefits previously mentioned, there are some physical benefits of using storage services for your belongings.
First, your belongings are properly packed, safe from dirt, dust, mildew, and moisture. Also, they are protected from breakage and damage. The things are very well organized and safe from theft since they are monitored 24/7.
Tips on how to find the best long-term storage in Germany
In order to find the right long-term storage service, there are some things to consider before renting one. We’ve provided you with some useful tips on how to find a suitable storage unit. Search for a warehouse near your house so you won’t have to pay additional fees such as transport. Search the storage services that have transportation included in the price.
Find a long-term storage rental and hire professionals to help you pack and store your belongings
Ask your moving company to help you decide what kind of storage to rent. They will know how to choose one based on the packing and moving process since they are familiar with your belongings. When you get their recommendation, take a look at the warehouse and its security measures. Also, check the size and the layout. Then, if you need to pack your belongings again, let your movers do that for you. This way you’ll be sure that your belongings are packed properly. Next, check whether there are any discounts. The longer you use it, the cheaper the service will be. If you’re not sure whether to rent storage, you can read the reviews. Be careful about scams. It’s always better to trust your movers.
Contact Transparent International and have a safe and sound move from the USA to Germany
After considering all the benefits of long-term storage rental and after renting one, it’s time to move. In order to have a safe and sound relocation without any hassles, hire a professional moving company to take care of all the relocation tasks and transport your possessions safely. Get in touch with Transparent International NYC, ask for your moving quote, and relocate to Germany anytime. We offer a wide range of services, and we are experienced in international relocation. With us by your side, you won’t have to worry about anything. Don’t wait a minute longer, get your moving estimate, and start preparing for the relocation. Have a safe and enjoyable moving experience.