Get Free Estimate
"*" indicates required fields
Shipping car parts can be a difficult and demanding process. There are many ways in which you can do it and likewise, many obstacles with shipping car parts. You need to understand how international car transportation works. To avoid these obstacles, there are a few things you should know before you ship car parts. Let us begin by discussing the most common obstacles with shipping car parts.
The most common obstacles with shipping car parts
As we have already mentioned, any type of shipping can be potentially complicated. This is also the case with shipping car parts internationally. Many obstacles can pop-up along the way. The most common ones are:
- Unreliable movers – When hiring movers to help you pack and relocate your items, make sure you do your research. Unreliable movers will slow down your relocation process and potentially cost you a lot more than you initially calculated. Not to mention the risks of damaging your parts when using unreliable movers. Finding affordable but also professional international household movers is key to a successful move.
- Changes in the delivery date – When shipping internationally, many delays can occur. This will ultimately lead to changes in the delivery schedule.
- Damage – During the transport and delivery process, your items have to be properly packed and protected. Choosing adequate packaging material is crucial in avoiding any damages that can happen during transport. The packing supplies and the packaging itself will depend largely on the type of car parts that you have in your inventory.
- Bad weather – Any type of relocation is extremely hard to pull-off successfully during bad weather. In this case, postponing your delivery date might be the best move.
How to avoid the common shipping obstacles
Now that we have discussed some of the most common obstacles that can occur during shipping, let us see the ways in which you can avoid them. Minimizing the obstacles as much as possible is the crucial aspect of any relocation.
Plan and organize yourself before the relocation
Creating a good plan that you will follow throughout your relocation is a good way of making sure it goes as smoothly as possible. It is for this reason that you should create a checklist if you are shipping several different car parts. This way, you can keep track of each and every one of them during packing and transportation. Set your budget for the relocation and calculate the exact cost of the shipping. Prepare some extra cash in case of an emergency.
Hire a professional moving company
Stress-free international shipping can be accomplished by hiring a professional moving company. However, in order to hire the best possible movers, you need to do the research. There are several key elements to look for in a moving company. Always ask for full insurance. This is extremely important when dealing with car parts. Read some of the online reviews and experiences from previous customers about the company. Moreover, before signing any contracts and papers, get an accurate moving quote for your relocation. The benefits of hiring a professional moving company are many. Having professional movers will also remove any heavy-lifting that you need to do when moving the heavier car parts. On top of that, movers will send the required number of hired workers as well as provide proper transportation vehicles. Constantly communicate with your movers and notify them if there are any changes in your schedule. Hiring well-organized and affordable movers such as Transparent International NYC, is a great way of ensuring safe and obstacle-free relocation of your car parts.
Gather the necessary packing supplies
Many of your car parts are going to be sensitive and easily breakable if not packed properly. This is why gathering the right tools and materials is necessary for a safe relocation of your car parts. Packing car parts is not entirely different from packing the rest of your household inventory.
- Disassemble your car parts – It is important that you disassemble your car parts if possible to have an overall easier time when packing and securing them.
- Clean each part separately – Grease and oil can be present on almost all car parts. You will want to properly clean each of them.
- Get the right package – Wooden pallets, plastic containers, or even hard cardboard boxes are all ways in which you can pack your car parts. The packages that you need will depend on the type and sizes as well as the weight of your car parts. Many of these basic containers can be acquired by browsing online websites such as Amazon.
- Bubble wrap and packing foam for protection – Once you have decided on the type of container for your parts, you need to make sure they are properly protected during transport. This is where materials such as bubble wrap and packing foam come into play. Wrap several layers around breakable parts and secure them with packing tape.
To sum up, the process of shipping your car parts internationally can be difficult and demanding. Many obstacles such as fraudulent and unreliable moving companies, bad weather, and damage to your inventory can occur along the way. There are a few things you need to do in order to make it successful and stress-free, with the least amount of obstacles as possible. Organizing and creating a plan is the first step in avoiding vehicle shipping mistakes. Hire professional and well-organized movers for a successful and obstacle-free move.