Get Free Estimate
"*" indicates required fields
Moving from the USA to Spain? International relocation is a long and laborious process, and it requires detailed planning and organization. You may come across many obstacles on your way if you don’t have a well-established plan. There are a lot of things to be done and a lot of paperwork to handle when moving from the USA to Spain. Among all those things, packing is one of the most tedious processes and may take longer than necessary. That is why you need to sit back and start planning on how to pack effectively for your international move. Don’t know where to start packing from? There’s no need to worry. Our international movers New York prepared a manageable packing guideline for your relocation. Following this guideline, you’ll make your relocation easier for both you and your professional movers. Stay with us and find out more.
Reasons for moving to Spain
For many people, moving from USA to Spain is so challenging. It seems like Spain has it all. Fantastic weather, amazing people, delicious food, beautiful architecture, cultural diversity, affordable housing and healthcare. All these and many other reasons make Spain a perfect place to live. Don’t forget about all the fiestas and siestas that will make your life in Spain amazing. If all these reasons are appealing enough for you to move to Spain, then wait no longer and pack your things immediately. But, before you start, read our guide on how to pack effectively for your international move to Spain.
Packing for an international relocation requires a more detailed plan
Packing is one of the most demanding tasks. It’s even more challenging if you are moving interstate. There are a lot of things to pay attention to while packing. In order to pack effectively for your international move, it’s good to have a well-established packing plan. That means you should pay attention to every single detail, from packing materials to the way of packing your belongings. So, to pack efficiently, you must create an inventory list that will give you the overall picture of the things to pack. After you create a strong packing plan, then you can move to the packing itself.
How to pack effectively for your international move
After making a packing plan, it’s time to start packing your belongings and other valuables. Here’s a list of things you should do to pack efficiently for your move:
- Purchase packing supplies and other materials – start by gathering your moving supplies like boxes, bubble wraps, tapes, and other useful materials.
- Create a packing space – You certainly don’t want to stumble over your boxes and packing materials, so make a spacious packing zone
- Sort out things and downsize – now it’s time to get rid of the stuff you don’t use. Declutter and give away things that you won’t need in Spain.
- Create a floor plan for your new home and declutter – Make a brief furniture layout for your new home and decide what furnishings you are going to keep.
- Pack an essential box – have your essentials at hand anytime
- Pack room by room – This is the best way to stay organized. Start by packing your storage rooms and leave the kitchen in the end.
- Label your boxes – moving boxes overseas is quite a challenging process, so make sure to pack them safely. Mark them with “fragile, handle with care.”
- Your plants should be packed on a moving day
Pack like a pro with these tricks
We like to say that packing is a kind of art. And art requires a lot of inspiration. Get inspired by the following tips and tricks, and pack your boxes like a pro:
- Put heavy stuff on the bottom and lights on the top
- Use towels, newspaper, or anything else to fill the empty space between the things
- Put your belongings in bags or wrap them
- Pack like-items together
- Secure bottles and boxes with tape to avoid spillage
- Put a layer of paper between plates
- Gather curtain rods and other poles and wrap them with a tape
- Purchase bags for your mattresses to avoid getting dirty
- Remove the lightbulbs from chandeliers and lamps and pack them with a bubble wrap
Prepare your car for your international move
Relocating your car is one of the most difficult moving processes if you don’t have a logistics plan and the necessary documentation. International car transportation is not possible if you don’t prepare your vehicle. When shipping a car, it’s essential to remove all your personal belongings from the car. The first thing you should do is to get your car fully serviced, from checking your brakes to changing the tires. Also, don’t forget to pack your emergency kit and update your car supplies. International car transportation rules are very strict. Therefore, you need to make sure you have prepared your car well for your international move to Spain.
Pack effectively for your international move by using Transparent International NYC packing services
Packing your belongings is a long and time-consuming process. However, packing doesn’t have to be such a tedious and overwhelming task if you have some help around you. Everyone’s main concern when packing is to ensure the safety of our possessions and valuables. Everybody can do DIY packing. However, it is not recommendable, especially when moving overseas. It is necessary to use professional packing and crating service to pack effectively for your international move to Spain. Our international packing and crating services will ensure the safety of your belongings during the whole relocations process, including keeping them in a warehouse. Reach us today, get a moving quote, and ensure the safe international relocation of your most valuable possessions. We can guarantee you that you won’t regret using Transparent International NYC packing and crating services.