Get Free Estimate
"*" indicates required fields
Moving to another country is not an easy decision, and packing for this kind of move can be complicated. Assuming that you have many things to pack, it’s not easy to decide which ones to move and how to pack them properly. For this reason, you might want to make a packing plan that will help you organize your relocation. Before you hire reliable international movers in New York to help you with transportation, here are some ideas for simplifying the packing process. This packing guide for leaving the country is made for everyone looking for a way to simplify their move. Your personal packing plan can be made out of everything you think is important, but we have some suggestions. Take a look at the ultimate packing guide for leaving the country.
Packing by categories
There are many efficient ways to pack for a long-distance move. However, sorting out and packing by categories turned out to be one of the best. Here’s how you can do it:
- Clothing and shoes. These items seem to be the easiest ones to pack. However, you might not need to move all of them, especially if you’re moving into a warmer climate. Make sure to sort out your clothes and decide which ones you want to move. When it comes to shoes, you should try to pack them in their original packaging. This way you won’t damage them during the move.
- Paperwork, documents, contracts, and personal items should be all in one place. Moreover, as you are reading this packing guide for leaving the country, you should consider packing your essentials first. These items should be by your side during the move rather than in the moving truck.
- These items are the trickiest to pack for two reasons. First, different bottles and makeup products can open and make a mess during the move. Second, you’ll have to make a decision about whether you need to move all cosmetics products or not. When moving to another country, sometimes it’s easier to just buy new ones upon arrival.
- Memorabilia and keepsakes. Although some memories can’t be replaced, you might want to declutter and get rid of some old papers and personal belongings that you don’t need anymore.
Declutter your home and decide what to move
Relocation to another country implies having to furnish a new property, decorate it and make it feel like home. Also, after a long moving day, some of your personal items could bring back the positive vibes. However, you should keep in mind that moving fewer items makes it easier to handle the moving day. If you can downsize before your relocation day, make sure to do it. A good packing guide for leaving the country will always make a suggestion to declutter and clear out your home from unnecessary items.
How to pack for leaving the country?
The first step in the packing process should always be the plan. This plan includes a list of packing supplies, important items you shouldn’t forget and a timeline. You could use many different packing materials if you plan to pack on your own. Bubbly paper, wraps, packing peanuts and standard moving boxes should do the job well.
However, if you decide that you don’t have enough time to pack everything before the move, you should consider hiring professional packers. There are many good international relocation services that include packing as a part of the deal. All you need to do is to let your movers more about your inventory and your needs.
Ways to organize a smooth long-distance move
This packing guide for leaving the country will provide some ideas for efficient packing before the move. But, organizing your moving day is more than just getting boxes and folding your clothes in them. In order to organize your move professionally, you will need a timeline plan, a budget plan and moving assistance. Although you could manage a long-distance move without movers, hiring them can help you avoid many troubles.
If you want to save your time and let professional movers pack all of your household items, you should browse the internet and find the best moving service for your needs. All you need to do is to get a free international moving quote and set the moving date with your movers. Professional moving companies provide various services including packing, relocation of fragile inventory, moving pets, heavy furniture and so much more.
What to do with furniture and bigger appliances?
One of the biggest concerns people have when relocating to another country is moving furniture overseas. Moreover, big home appliances and furniture pieces can be difficult to pack and move long-distance. There is an easy solution to this problem. All you need to do is to decide whether it pays off to relocate them or it’s cheaper to buy new ones after the move.
If you decide to pack your furniture and bigger appliances, here are the packing supplies you’ll need:
- Plastic wrap
- Protective blankets
- Moving straps
- Moving trolley (optional)
Keep in mind that packing and moving furniture can be difficult, so consider hiring movers to help you avoid complications. Also, if you need to pack electronics, make sure to use quality packing supplies and double-box packing method. Sensitive inventory can damage easily during long-distance transportation. Overall, moving heavy furniture pieces, electronic equipment, and home appliances can cause injuries if not handled properly. Make sure to decide whether moving all of your inventory to another country pays off or not.
Hopefully, this packing guide for leaving the country gave you some ideas for easy relocation planning. The packing process can be easy and efficient if you make a plan and simplify your move! Transparent International is a company that can help you achieve that and more – just give us a call or explore some of our other useful tips and guidelines!