Get Free Estimate
Using portable storage containers for your relocation can be a good solution. Naturally, this has both pros and cons, which is why you should be familiar with both of them before making a final decision. Even though units like these are easy to use, there certainly are some other things that can annoy you. We are going to present to you both the good and the bad sides of using portable storage containers. Once you read the article, you should feel more prepared to make the best possible choice for you!
Pros of using portable storage containers are numerous
Storage containers are quite useful, especially if you are relocating long-distance. To be more precise, some of them are the following:
- your items will be safe – you will be the only person to open this container. This means that you will have nothing to worry about when it comes to the safety of your belongings. Since the door and the lock are good, you can be sure that your items will be safe inside until the day of the move;
- you will get to load a lot of things inside – another good thing about storage containers is that you will have a lot of space to fill in. You will have a chance to load a great number of furniture items inside, but you have to make sure you disassemble the furniture before loading. With this container, you are not going to need a large number of moving boxes;
- this is a great solution if you are having your home renovated – on an occasion like this, you are going to need some additional space where you will place some of your belongings. Renting portable storage containers is a good option since all of your items will be nearby;
- transporting your belongings will be much easier – since you will be the one who will pack and load everything, you will know that you have done your best. Of course, in case you need some help, feel free to count on your mover for moving furniture overseas. They will help you make the best of your storage container. This means that all of your items will arrive at your new home in perfect condition. Also, you will know what item is in what place. You will not have a problem finding it once the relocation is over;
- you will get to preload your items – if you are moving and you have enough time to do the packing part in advance, you will need a safe place for your boxes. A storage container can be of great help. You will have a chance to put inside everything you have packed and just wait for the moving truck to arrive;
- this is a cost-effective solution – how high the rent of a storage container is going to be, depends on its size. Since there are many sizes, you will just have to think about what items you are going to store. Make a decision based on that and you are certainly going to save some money on gas.
You should also be familiar with several cons
There are certainly not as many cons as there are pros. However, even if they are minor, you should still be familiar with them. The list of cons is the following:
- storage containers are not a good solution for quick moves – if you are relocating on short notice, you should think twice before you rent a container. The reason for this is simple – it takes time for them to arrive. In addition to this, you will also need some time to pack them as well as to plan the transport;
- it takes great precision – you will have a chance to rent a container but only for a certain period of time. This means that, if you miscalculate the time, it will be a problem for you. You will have it at your disposal and the company will give you a call. They will tell you they need it back and you will have to unload it;
- it will not be possible for you to load everything inside – this rule is the same for every kind of storage unit. Basically, there is a list of items you are not allowed to put inside a storage container. Some of them are plants, food, flammable items, perishable goods, gasoline, paint, and many others. However, in case you hire global international movers, you will be notified about this on time;
- storage containers can take a lot of space – when a container is delivered to your home, it is usually placed on your driveway or on the street in front of your house. This can be especially tricky if you are living in an apartment. If this is the case with you, you will have to get consent from all of your neighbors.
The conclusion goes in favor of portable storage options
As you have had a chance to see, renting portable storage containers has more pros than cons. In case none of the cons is a problem for you, feel free to rent one. Storage containers are great for many purposes. You can rent them not only when you are moving but also when you are having your home renovated.
If a container should be transported, you can be sure that your items will remain in perfect condition. Since you are going to load it by yourself, you will certainly double-check everything. Just do everything by the book and you will have nothing to worry about!