Get Free Estimate
"*" indicates required fields
You must be very excited because you are moving to one of the most exotic and beautiful countries in Europe! Portugal is truly a paradise on Earth. It is something different, new, interesting, and above all – worth every penny! Therefore, you should stick around with our global international movers to learn everything about this exquisite land. We will also help you when it comes to moving antiques overseas. Make sure you stay with us until the end and we promise we will try to depict all the beauties that Portugal has waiting for you.
What should you do before moving overseas to Portugal?
There is a big difference between when you’re moving within one country and when you’re moving abroad. There are so many things you need to take care of. We will name the main differences and will tell you how to prepare to relocate overseas. Just sit tight and relax. There is absolutely no reason to worry. So, before you move overseas, you need to check if your documents such as your passport are valid. That is your number one concern. Also, you should know that every country checks your criminal status before enabling you a visa. Regardless of whether a country requires a visa or not, your criminal record needs to be clean. Moreover, you need to know that in order to move across the ocean, you need to have some money saved on your account first. These are all some crucial things to look out for when preparing for your overseas relocation. We will cover this one step at a time.
Moving overseas is easy if you follow these steps
Here is the list of things you need to take care of before you move abroad:
- Know your visa requirements – You need to check if you are eligible for a visa in another country. That is the first step you need to take care of.
- Check if your documents are valid – There is no way to enter any country if your passport is not valid. Make sure you check that before moving.
- Do a thorough research of your future country – It’s Portugal in this case. Make sure you see and learn a thing or two about your future country.
- Plan your packing process early – You need to start packing and preparing in case you plan on moving antiques overseas. Regardless of what you intend to move to, you need to start early.
- Hire and book your movers early – Check out our international removals to see what moving services you will require for your Portugal relocation.
- Saving money is pretty much a must – You need to have some money saved on your account in order to move stress-free. You need to manage and adjust to the Portuguese lifestyle. It might take some time.
How to prepare for your Portugal relocation?
Although there are many more things you need to do in order to prepare for your relocation, we will stick to the most crucial ones. Since you’re moving to Portugal from US, we will see what you need to do to make it perfect. From mesmerizing beaches to great football players, Portugal has everything one can ask! The first thing you need to decide is where in Portugal you want to live. Whether it will be a small village or the capital city, do your research.
To continue, there are several things you need to take care of. As we already mentioned, you need to take care of your visa application. Therefore, make sure you apply for a visa because your country is not an EU member (obviously). Another thing you need to take care of is your belongings. Since you plan on moving antiques overseas, it’s obvious you want to relocate your stuff. So, start on time and get in touch with our international piano movers if you want your precious piece of the instrument to be transported easily and in one piece. Moreover, a lot of international residents decide to use private healthcare because it’s easier and not as expensive for their standards. You should check it out as well.
Are you ready for Portugal culture shock?
Living in Portugal definitely has more pros than cons. Still, we will do our best to describe both sides of this penny. The first and the most obvious thing is that you will enjoy the warm climate once you move there. The winters are quite warm and you won’t even need a winter jacket. The worst-case scenario is that you will need your leather jacket. Moreover, there are so many activities you can take on. However, the biggest disadvantage you may encounter is the lack of knowledge regarding the Portuguese language. Make sure you learn it as soon as possible.
Here are some places you need to visit after moving there:
- Park and National Palace of Pena
- Jerome Monastery
- Church of the Clerics
- Marinha Beach
- Cabo da Roca
- Park and Palace of Monserrate
Is moving antiques overseas as hard as it seems?
Alright, in order to move antiques overseas, you need to handle some things first. Since you’re moving your antiques to Portugal, you need to check their customs first. There are so many steps you need to take if you want to transfer your artwork overseas. But, we will try to keep things simple. Here is what you should do:
- Learn about the customs regulations
- Hire professionals to pack your belongings properly
- Purchasing insurance is a must
- Gather different moving estimates before deciding
- Schedule your shipment months prior
Get ready to move like a professional
As you can see, moving antiques overseas is quite easy. You can handle these things without any trouble as long as you check the requirements on time. You will see that life in Portugal truly is magnificent. That’s why we hope you will handle all your paperwork and other things on time so that you can enjoy Portugal to the fullest.